Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots, & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Browns, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots, & Seahawks
- Nate Ulrich reports that the Browns interviewed Colts’ OL coach Hal Hunter for the same position.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Chiefs WR Jeremy Maclin has a lot to overcome from his ankle injury to play in their Divisional round game.
- Rapoport notes that walking was a struggle for Maclin this week.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN mentions that Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott should be a consideration for the Jets at No. 20 overall pick, depending on what they elect to do with free agents RB Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell.
- Tom E. Curran of CSN New Engalnd reports that Rob Gronkowski‘s back injury a greater concern than his knee issue heading into the Divisional round of the playoffs.
- Curran mentions the fact that Gronkowski has dealt with a number back injuries since his time in college.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes that RB Marshawn Lynch‘s dip in productivity this season, injuries, age, and cap figure as reasons why the Seahawks could at consider the idea of moving on next year.
Condotta mentions that the Seahawks would could save $6.5 million against the salary cap by releasing Lynch.
- Plus, they have a younger, much cheaper running back option in Thomas Rawls on their roster.
Tags Bilal Powell Chris Ivory Ezekiel Elliott Hal Hunter Jeremy Maclin Marshawn Lynch Thomas Rawls