- While Albert Breer still expects the Browns to make a run at trading for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo, he knows there are other teams who have attempted to do so and came away with the impression that the Patriots aren’t going to trade him.
- Breer adds that one sign Garoppolo won’t be traded is the fact that there are coaches on the Bears’ staff who love Garoppolo and they moved on and elected to sign Mike Glennon instead.
- According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins have free agent DT Johnathan Hankins on their radar, but they probably will not sign him, barring a dramatic change to either his situation or their plans.
- The problem for the Dolphins is that they would prefer to add a one-year, short-term answer that’s capable of playing around 20-25 snaps per game.
- Miami has plenty of money tied up in Ndamukong Suh and they already have Jordan Phillips in position to see more work next year, so it probably doesn’t make a lot of sense for them to spend big on another defensive tackle right now.
- Salguero mentions that Hankins is likely targeting a multi-year contract with at least $8 million per year.
- A source tells Michael Giardi that the Patriots’ increased their offer to LB Dont’a Hightower either late last night or this morning in order to close the deal.
New Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy explained that Seattle’s offense really fits with his running style.
“They definitely fit the way I run,” Lacy said, via Seahawks.com.“I’ve always favored Marshawn Lynch’s running style, and that’s something Pete Carroll definitely likes. I’m going to come in and do my best impression of him and just bring my hard work and my hard running style to the table.”
Lacy added that he’s just looking for an opportunity to show what he can do for them.
“I just want to come out and showcase what I can do, prove that I’m not a fluke, that I can do what I do and do it really well,” Lacy said.
“I’m very motivated to prove myself,” Lacy added. “I know what I’m able to do, but I just want to go out and show everybody that I can do it and will do it. I just can’t wait to get my chance.”