Home Browns NFL Notes: Joe Thomas, Draft, Browns, Chiefs & Lions
- Browns LT Joe Thomas was asked about HC Hue Jackson saying they won’t trade him, which he responded: “Feels good to be loved. I’m hoping they stick to their word.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Thomas did, however, admit that he “wouldn’t be shocked” if he were traded anyway and added: “Nothing surprises me in the NFL.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Thomas mentioned that he does want to play for a winner and a Super Bowl contender at some point: “I do and I want to have it in Cleveland.” (Nate Ulrich)
- In regards to the trade that nearly took place with the Broncos last year, Thomas said he got the sense that it “got close.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jason La Canfora writes that teams looking for a franchise quarterback in next year’s draft could be “out of luck.”
- La Canfora hasn’t heard from anyone who believes any of the quarterback prospects are worth considering in the top half of round one, even though some will likely be drafted.
- With this in mind, La Canfora says that teams like Browns may have to stick with their current quarterback options.
- Browns QB Josh McCown (collarbone) said he’s moving in right direction to be able to play in Week 8’s game against the Jets. McCown added that he plans do more in practice this week. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Chiefs CB D.J. White suffered a broken hand that required surgery during last weekend’s game and is out for Week 8. (BJ Kissel)
- Adam Caplan reports that Lions TE Eric Ebron (knee, ankle) is expected to practice some this week and if all goes well, he’ll play against the Texans this weekend.