Naheed Rajwani of the Dallas Morning News reports that court records show that the misdemeanor assault charges filed against former NFL QB Johnny Manziel by his ex-girlfriend have been dismissed by a judge.
According to Rajwani, Manziel reached an agreement with the Dallas County district attorney’s office to get the charge dismissed if he completed rehab and anger management classes, among other requirements.
This implies that Manziel has already met these requirements.
According to Howard Balzer, the following workouts occurred on Tuesday.
- Chiefs worked out DT Mike Purcell (signed to practice squad)
- Jets worked out DL Marcus Hardison
- Titans worked out DL Stefan Charles and DL Johnny Maxey
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said he is “anxious” to see how RB Mike Davis (groin) fits back into the lineup and the team will continue monitoring him during practice.
“We’ll find out,” Carroll said, via Brady Henderson of ESPN. “He’ll practice today and we’ll get him out there and see how he’s going. Anxious to see how he can fit back in. Can’t tell you until he comes back after a couple days. Won’t know until the weekend.”
Carroll mentioned that Davis has been a “real spark” in the lineup and has done well when given opportunities.
“He showed a real spark reading the line of scrimmage. He showed some creativity that got him some extra space on a couple runs, and he couldn’t have been more aggressive in the opportunity that he had when he got to go after some guys with the football,” Carroll said. “And he can catch it. He’s very well-rounded and he looked good and so as we’re trying to figure it out and maximize our running game opportunities, we’re going to keep looking to make sure we’re getting better.”
- Henderson writes that the team may refrain from placing S Kam Chancellor on injured reserve because they are trying to save cap space and they may wait until they are certain they require an extra roster spot.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said that he feels QB Tom Savage gives the team their best opportunity to win: “I believe right now Tom gives the team the best chance to win.” (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien added that Savage has made “really good” plays, but he has also had a problem with turnovers: “You can’t turn the ball over. He’s made some really good plays, but then there’s the turnovers. Not all of them are his fault. If he can clean that up, he could really take off. He’s got to clean that up.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding Texans QB Deshaun Watson‘s knee injury, O’Brien said the rookie is “trending upwards“: “He’s in there every day, good spirits. Certainly, I’m not a doctor, but everything looks good. It’s trending upwards.” (Aaron Wilson)