“Julius, after taking some time to reflect during the offseason, has decided that he still has the desire and enthusiasm for the game, and his intention is to play a 16th NFL season,” Carey said.
According to Carey, there has been some communication between Peppers and the Packers.
“There has been communication with the Packers, and there’s a tremendous amount of mutual respect between Julius and the Packers organization,” Carey said. “They’ve been great to him over the years, and that carries a lot of weight with him. Of course, free agency is unpredictable, so we’ll see what happens over the next several days.”
- Todd Archer of ESPN says that private discussions with executives and coaches from teams across the league continued to come back to two teams being the most likely landing spots for Tony Romo: The Broncos and Texans.
- According to Archer, others mentioned the Chiefs, 49ers and somewhat surprisingly the Jaguars.
- Jenna Laine of ESPN mentions that the 49ers are definitely worth keeping an eye on as a possible destination for free agent QB Mike Glennon. According to Laine, the 49ers’ actually dates back to last season.
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN reports that Giants free agent K Robbie Gould plans to test the free agent market.
- Charles Robinson believes the Panthers are going to be bargain hunting for offensive line help in free agency and also address their secondary in a meaningfully way.