June 1 Cuts
Field Yates points out that three teams will pick up additional cap space tomorrow after designating players as post-June 1 releases.
- Falcons get $4.75 million for releasing NT Paul Soliai.
- Saints get $2.25 million for releasing CB Brandon Browner.
- Redskins get $8 million for releasing CB Chris Culliver.
- Despite losing third-round DT Maliek Collins for 10-12 weeks to a broken foot, Ian Rapoport reports that the Cowboys have no plans to immediately to fill the void by signing someone.
- The Detroit Lions announced Wednesday that they’ve signed undrafted rookie OL Dominick Jackson.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said first-round WR Josh Doctson hurt his foot Tuesday, but and X-rays came back negative. The team plans to be be cautious with Doctson moving foward. (Master Tesfatsion)
- Gruden says LG Shawn Lauvao is close to returning and will compete with Spencer Long for the starting left guard spot. (Mike Jones)
- Redskins undrafted WR Reggie Diggs had his knee scoped a couple weeks ago and the hope is that he returns by training camp. (Mike Jones)
- Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson reiterated Wednesday that he wants to stay in Minnesota, but he’s prepared to move on next year if the team doesn’t re-sign him. (Chrs Tomasson)
- Patterson also acknowledged that it’s a “make or break year” for him this season. (Chris Tomasson)