Redskins franchise QB Kirk Cousins mentioned during an appearance on ESPN that he’s “not expecting anything to happen” in regards to a trade before the draft.
“I haven’t heard anything. I’m not expecting anything to happen,” Cousins said, via John Keim of ESPN. “And I’m looking forward to getting back to work with my teammates.”
Cousins went on to say that he is “very comfortable” playing under the franchise tag and that the team must come to a decision on his future.
“The team would need to make that decision and say that this is a guy we’re going to commit to in the long haul,” said Cousins. “I’m very comfortable playing under the franchise tag.”
- Navy Athletics announced Monday that former Eagles and 49ers HC Chip Kelly is spending the week helping out at their spring practices.
- Matt Miller mentioned that the four teams he’s heard consistently connected to Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon are the Vikings, Saints, Bengals and Raiders.
- Richmond LB Omari Howard has a private workout today for the Chargers. (Aaron Wilson)
- Louisville RB Brandon Radcliff is visiting with the Chargers on Tuesday. (Adam Caplan)
- Ohio State P Cameron Johnston is working out for the Eagles on Tuesday. (Enter-Sports)
- UCF S Drico Johnson will be in attendance for the Buccaneers’ local predraft workout on Friday. (Greg Auman)
- Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network reports QB Ben Roethlisberger has been lobbying the Steelers to take a tight end at No. 30 overall.
- According to Kinkhabwala, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert would “love” to take Michigan S Jabrill Peppers at No. 30 overall.
- Kinkhabwala specifically mentions that the team will need to upgrade at pass-rusher this year, but are also open to taking the best available safety or cornerback at the end of round one, depending of course on who’s higher on their list.