- Sal Capaccio believes it’s “very possible” the Bills could place a waiver claim for DE Kony Ealy on Sunday. Both Bills GM Brandon Beane and HC Sean McDermott come from Carolina and spent the past few years working with Ealy. The Bills currently have the No. 10 waiver priority.
- Troy Renck reports that the Broncos are not pursuing Ealy right now, even though they could use pass rush depth.
- Greg Auman reports that Buccaneers DL DaVonte Lambert suffered a dislocated wrist during Saturday’s preseason game.
- According to Auman, the initial look at the injury suggests Lambert does not have ligament damage, which means this wouldn’t be a season-ending issue.
Saints veteran RB Adrian Peterson got his first work of the preseason Saturday night and said after the game that it was good to get out there and take a few hits.
“It felt good, you know. I was looking forward to it,” Peterson said. “I haven’t played in the preseason for a long time, so it was good to get out there. I think I had maybe five or six carries, 12 or 13 plays. It felt good to move around, to get hit and kind of get those first reps out of the way.
“Get the body kind of banging around a little bit, getting some good looks against a top-three defense. Unfortunately we didn’t accomplish what we wanted to accomplish as an offense that first quarter. But playing against a defense like that, that’s one of those games you have to grind out.
“It would’ve been fun to play four quarters against them.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the initial diagnosis for Texans WR Wendall Williams is that he suffered a broken collarbone.