Home 49ers NFL Notes: Kyle Shanahan, Bills, Buccaneers, Eagles, Vikings
- Jason Cole reports that the most likely landing spots for Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan are either the 49ers or the Broncos.
- However, if the Texans’ job ends up being available, Cole says that Shanahan is someone worth watching for Houston.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that even though Anthony Lynn is “well placed” to get the Bills’ head coaching job, he continues to hear from sources that Panthers DC Sean McDermott left Bills’ ownership “super impressed.”
- Albert Breer mentions that all signs have pointed to the Bills hiring Lynn as their next head coach and bringing in Gus Bradley to run their defense. However, Breer says that the longer this situation plays out, the less of a “shoo-in” Lynn seems to be.
- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers gave CFL WR Derel Walker $100,000 guaranteed on a two-year minimum contract upon signing him last week. Auman adds that Walker’s deal includes a $50,000 roster bonus.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles have “strong interest” in Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal. Caplan adds that Lal would fit what the Eagles are looking for, considering he’s an experienced coach and very well respected.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN writes that it seems likely the Vikings will exercise QB Teddy Bridgewater‘s fifth-year option in May that will run them over $11 million for the 2018 season. However, this figure is guaranteed for injury only.