- Ian Rapoport reports that former Jets S Marcus Gilchrist has been medically cleared from his knee injury and is scheduling visits with teams for next week.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- Chiefs QB Alex Smith will collect a $2 million reporting bonus for showing up to training camp today, according to Field Yates.
- The Cowboys are not signing either of the free agent receivers — Corey Washington or Marvin Bracey — who worked out for them on Wednesday. (Todd Archer)
- Cowboys DT Maliek Collins is dealing with a hip flexor, but the team does not consider the injury to be serious. (Drew Davidson)
- Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith practiced for the first time since undergoing knee surgery last year: “I can’t remember the last time I had pain in my knee or my foot. Zero. My knee feels 100 percent. I can hop on one leg.” (Brandon George)
“They haven’t begun as of yet, but … they’ll happen at the appropriate time,” Mara said. “I don’t think we have a time frame on it. But we certainly don’t want to see him playing in another uniform.”
“Listen, he’s as exciting a player as we have had on this team in my lifetime, and he brings a lot of energy, a lot of big plays to us,” Mara said. “And when you cut through everything else, he actually is a really good kid. He does a lot of wonderful things off the field that people don’t know about. He needs to work on controlling his emotions a little bit more. But when he is on the field, the other teams have to pay attention to him … and he strikes fear into the eyes of the other team. As long as you have that ability, he makes your team better. He just adds a lot to us. We really haven’t had a player like that here for a long time.”