Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: New Concussion Protocol, Dion Jordan, Chargers & Lions
NFL Notes: New Concussion Protocol, Dion Jordan, Chargers & Lions
New Concussion Protocol
- The NFL and NFLPA announced an agreement on a new procedure for enforcing the concussion protocol policy in 2016.
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell maintains “absolute discretion” to determine the penalties.
- A first-time violation results in up to a $150,000 fine from the league. Teams can also be docked draft picks, in the event Goodell determines that their medical team failed to follow the protocol in order to aid competitive considerations.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the NFL’s decision to reinstate Browns WR Josh Gordon on Monday could be good news for suspended Dolphins DE/OLB Dion Jordan.
- Cole mentions that Jordan is still awaiting word from the NFL, but he’s hopeful to be reinstated before the start of training camp.
- Should Jordan be reinstated, he stands to make a $1.69 roster bonus if he’s able to make the team.
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco mentioned during an interview with Mighty 1090 that they’re still working to sign first-round DE Joey Bosa. (Eric D. Williams)
- However, Telesco added that he doesn’t know if they’ll be able to reach agreement by Friday.
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions won’t be signing QB Jimmy Clausen or any of the free agents like WRs Tyler Davis and Larry Pinkard, who worked out for them on Monday at this point in time.
Tags Dion Jordan Jimmy Clausen Joey Bosa Josh Gordon Larry Pinkard Roger Goodell Tom Telesco Tyler Davis