- Rand Getlin reports that the Browns have signed fifth-round WR Jordan Payton and seventh-round LB Scooby Wright to four-year deals.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, Browns third-round QB Cody Kessler may not have signed his rookie contract by the start of mincamp on Friday, but he plans to still take part in practice and sign an injury protection clause.
Las Vegas mayor Carolyn Goodman mentioned that she believes the Chargers are an alternative option to the Raiders if they decide against relocating to Nevada.
“To me, yes,” Goodman said when asked if the Chargers were a possibility, via CBS Sports. “I know they’re absolutely looking to move.
Goodman added that she and her husband have owned Chargers’ season tickets for over 30 years.
“My husband and I have had season tickets to the Chargers for the past 30-plus years and I would love [for them to move here],” Goodman said. “[Chargers owner] Alex Spanos already has a relationship with the city, he was a developer for us in the ’70s and ’80s.”
- Greg Matzek of WTMJ reports that the Packers have “moved on” from the veteran FB John Kuhn, even though he’d like to be back with the team.
- However, Rob Demovsky if the Packers are in fact moving on from Kuhn, it’s news to him.
- Panthers signed fifth-round CB Zack Sanchez to a four-year contract.
- Aaron Wilson reports that DE Martin Ifedi is trying out for Panthers at their rookie minicamp this weekend.
- Aaron Wilson reports that DB Winston Rose, who cleared waivers on Thursday, will tryout for the Redskins during their rookie minicamp this weekend.