- DL Dominique Easley suffered a hip pointer during Thursday’s game, and is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to Ed Werder, recently acquired OLB Aldon Smith “impressed” the coaching staff after participating in Friday’s practice.
- Werder adds that the team plans to have him play in Week 1, unless the NFL decides to invoke a suspension.
- The Saints accounded that the following players will not play in Week 1: RB C.J. Spiller, S Jairus Byrd, CB Keenan Lewis, LB Dannell Ellerbe, and OLB Davis Tull.
- The Seahawks will host former Cardinals QB Phillip Sims for a workout on Monday. (Adam Caplan)
An NFL spokesperson said the Steelers’ headset issues on Thursday night were “entirely” attributed to an electrical issue, which was intensified from the inclement weather that night, per Albert Breer.
Moreover, the spokesperson confirmed that the Patriots had “nothing to do” with the headset complications that the Steelers encountered.
“The Patriots had nothing to do with it. The issue was promptly resolved and there were no further problems,” said the spokesman, via Breer.
Breer adds that the spokesman continued to say that the NFL is reviewing the technical matter, and will “determine” what the necessary steps are to avoid this issue in the future.