- Mike Freeman of B/R continues to hear that Peyton Manning wants to coach his alma mater — the University of Tennessee.
- Freeman admits that he’s sure if this talk is accurate, but he’s heard it over and over against from NFL people he trusts.
- According to Mike Freeman of B/R, there’s been “minimal movement” in regards to the Jets re-signing veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- Two sources have told him that the Jets and Fitzpatrick remain “far apart” in contract talks, but it’s possible things could change quickly.
- Interestingly enough, Freeman admits that there’s a “small chance” Fitzpatrick could elect to retire from the NFL. However, he stresses that this is a “small chance.”
- Despite the Steelers speaking with free agent DL Jason Jones, Jeremy Fowler considers it unlikely that he’ll sign with Pittsburgh.
- Texans signed second-round C Nick Martin to a four-year contract. (John McClain)
The Titans are bringing in 20 players for tryouts during their rookie minicamp this weekend including:
- QB Phillip Ely, Toledo
- QB Jacob Huesman, Tennessee-Chattanooga
- WR Reece Horn, Indianapolis
- WR Devon Price, Ohio Northern
- WR LaDarius Brown, Sam Houston State
- CB Denzel Thompson, Southeastern Louisiana
- CB Jonathan Rose, Nebraska
- S Tim Kilfoy, Northern Iowa
- S Qujuan Floyd, Iowa State
- CB Bennett Okotcha, Texas-San Antonio
- FB Sam Bergen, Rutgers
- LB Nick Holt Jr., Western Kentucky
- OLB Jamal Palmer, Baylor
- LB Dejon Brown, Western Kentucky
- G Golden Ukonu, Long Island University Post
- C Ty Darlington, Oklahoma
- C Andrew Ness, Northern Illinois
- WR Ben Roberts, Montana
- TE Darrion Hutcherson, Mississippi State
- DE Mike Smith, Southern Mississippi