- Charles Robinson points out that WR Randall Cobb would take a $1-$2 million discount by returning to Green Bay based on state taxes.
- Robinson adds that Cobb and representatives want to see what’s out there for him.
- According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, 49ers free agent CB Chris Culliver will have a lot of interest when he hits the open market.
- 49ers executive Jed York told reporters that he intends to re-sign RB Frank Gore.
“I think we’ll figure out a way. That’s my feeling,” said York, via Eric Branch.
- Terez A. Paylor reports that there has been no progression in contract discussions between franchised OLB Justin Houston and the Chiefs.
- Terez A. Paylor also reports that the Chiefs have tendered exclusive rights free agent LB Josh Martin.
- According to John McClain, the Texans are still hoping to re-sign CB Kareem Jackson, QB Ryan Mallett and LB Brooks Reed among others.