Home / Jaguars / NFL Notes: Jaguars, Jets, Lions, Patriots & Ravens
NFL Notes: Jaguars, Jets, Lions, Patriots & Ravens
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan said he would like to keep his offensive line group intact, but he would also like to draft a developmental player during the mid- to late-rounds.
- Of the seven lineman that started for the Jets in 2015, Cimini expects Willie Colon to be the lone player to not return for next season.
- Cimini is not ruling out the Jets selecting the an offensive tackle with the No. 20 overall pick and mentions Indiana’s Jason Spriggs and Ohio State’s Taylor Decker as two names to keep an eye on.
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN says LB Stephen Tulloch, RB Joique Bell and TE Brandon Pettigrew are veterans that could be cut to save cap space.
- Rothstein notes that the Lions would save $11 million in cap if Calvin Johnson elects to retire, so Detroit will likely wait and see what Johnson’s decision is prior to making any roster decisions.
- Rothstein mentions WR Marvin Jones and WR Jermaine Kearse as potential free agent targets should Johnson retire.
- Rothstein considers defensive tackle, defensive end, and wide receiver as the Lions’ largest needs this offseason.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN says that running back will be the team’s top priority this offseason and anticipates them adding multiple player at the position through the draft, free agency, or even a trade.
Tags Brandon Pettigrew Calvin Johnson DeSean Jackson Eric Berry Eric Weddle Jason Spriggs Jermaine Kearse Joique Bell Josh Norman Justin Tucker Lorenzo Taliaferro Marvin Jones Mike Maccagnan Olivier Vernon Robert Ayers Roddy White Stephen Tulloch tamba hali Taylor Decker Terrance West Victor Cruz Vincent Jackson von miller willie colon