Home 49ers NFL Notes: Reuben Foster, Mo Alie-Cox, Draft, Dolphins
- According to Ian Rapoport, Alabama LB Reuben Foster has had his shoulder rechecked after the incident that took place at the Combine and he has full range of motion.
- Rapoport adds that Foster would have been at medical re-checks, regardless but he also needs to complete the full medical evaluation.
- The Bears, Lions, Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers, Browns, Patriots, Redskins, Chiefs and Steelers were all in attendance for VCU basketball player Mo Allie Cox’s workout Tuesday. (Lane Casadonte)
- The Giants also sent a scout to see Allie Cox’s workout. (James Kratch)
- The Bengals are hosting LSU RB Leonard Fournette for a visit on Tuesday. (Katherine Terrell)
- Florida CB Jalen Tabor took a pre-draft visit to New England and met with the Patriots on Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Texas A&M WR Joshua Reynolds has visited with the Rams and Steelers. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- Florida State DL DeMarcus Walker is visiting the Redskins Monday and Tuesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- FSU G Kareem Are has a pre-draft visited scheduled with the Raiders for Tuesday. (Greg Auman)
- Tennessee CB/PR Cam Sutton has worked out for the Patriots, Saints, Titans, and Falcons. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- Armando Salguero believes it should end up being an easy decision for the Dolphins to pick up RT Ja’Wuan James’ fifth-year option in the coming weeks.
- Salguero points out that while James has been a frustration for the coaching staff, it’s not because he lacks ability.
- Also, picking up his option would run them between $5-$8 million for the 2017 season, but this salary would be guaranteed for injury only, which means they could always release him next year without a cap penalty.
- Salguero points out that a number of players who aren’t as good as James are making over $6 million per year.