- The Cowboys brought in free agent WR Robert Johnson for a visit this week, according to a source. Johnson is also scheduled to meet with the Cardinals on Wednesday.
- Tony Pauline reports that South Florida S Jamie Byrd will run and participate in the Buccaneers’ local workout in mid-April.
- According to Pauline, Campbell DT Greg Milhouse interviewed with a number of teams including the Cowboys, Giants, Dolphins, Colts and Eagles.
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins are convinced Jermon Bushrod is going to thrive at guard, even though he’s played offensive tackle for his entire career.
- According to Jackson, Miami thinks they’re getting a better player in Mario Williams than what they had with Olivier Vernon at a much lower price.
Jets owner Woody Johnson mentioned on Monday that’s “amazing” to see how long they’ve been negotiating a contract extension with DE Muhammad Wilkerson without getting an agreement in place.
“It’s amazing, since we’ve been negotiating with him for a few years now,” Johnson said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.
Johnson added that he’s more than content to have Wilkerson on their roster for the 2016 season.
“He’s been franchised, so as far as I’m concerned, he’s on the team right now,” Johnson said. “He’s on it. He’s a great player. Love to have him. He had a great year last year — 12 sacks. That little break he’s recovering from, from what I’ve been told, he’s recovering well from (his broken leg). So, yeah, if he’s in, I’m not going to be disappointed at all.
“With any player, there has to be a moment where their side and our side are happy, and we feel like we’re getting what we want in terms that are acceptable or semi-acceptable to us — and the same for him. We just haven’t been able to do that.“