Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Tony Romo, Giants, Seahawks, Titans
NFL Notes: Tony Romo, Giants, Seahawks, Titans
- Dan Graziano of ESPN believes the only way the Cowboys would trade QB Tony Romo is if a team blew them away with a trade offer that was just too good to pass up and worth justifying the cap hit they’d incur by moving him in a trade.
- In the end, Graziano says that the most likely outcome involving Romo will be the Cowboys designating him as a post-June 1 release, which will split the cap hit between this year and next and allow him to sign with a team of his choosing.
- ESPN’s Jordan Raanan can’t see the Giants having any interest in veteran WR Brandon Marshall if the Jets elect to release him this offseason. Raanan mentions that the Jets moving on from a player who could help their uncertain quarterback situation would be an obvious red flag and there are some concerns regarding Marshall’s impact on a locker room.
- Raanan believes it would be a mistake to allow LB Keenan Robinson to leave as a free agent.
- In regards to free agent DT Johnathan Hankins, Raanan can’t see the Giants using their franchise tag on him at the cost of around $14 million, but adds that they’re more likely to try to get a long-term deal done with him.
- Raanan was asked about the possibility of the Giants considering a trade for Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski this offseason should be available. However, Raanan says there’s no guarantee that Gronkowski will play into his 30s, considering that he’s had eight total surgeries including three to his back.
- A more likely option for the Giants, according to Raanan, would be to draft Alabama’s O.J. Howard.
- According to Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site, Tennessee has not approached CB Jason McCourty about switching to safety.
- Wyatt does not think the Titans would target Stanford RB Christian McCaffery due to the production of the team’s running backs last season.
- Wyatt doesn’t rule out Titans GM Jon Robinson trading the No. 5 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- As for the receiver position, Wyatt could see as many as “3-4” new wide receivers being added to the roster in either the draft or free agency this offseason.
Tags Blair Walsh Brandon Marshall Christian McCaffery Jason McCourty Johnathan Hankins Jon Robinson Keenan Robinson O.J. Howard Rob Gronkowski Steven Hauschka Tony Romo