“When he gets on the field against Miami, and it most assuredly will be at this juncture, there’s no set of circumstances that we wouldn’t play him and play him with hopes of winning that game and winning the rest of the ballgames,” Jones said during a radio interview with 105.3 The Fan, via ESPN.com. “I think not only our game but sports in general, if you’ve got an opportunity, if you got a chance to win this thing, then you take it.
“I know I’m talking in generalities, but specifically, we have a team that could really, from the standpoint of the personnel that’s on the field, really be a top team as we get into the last half of this season. We want to show our fans that.”
Browns LT Joe Thomas denied the report that he asked his agent to seek a trade out of Cleveland on Tuesday.
“I’m not sure where that report came from, but I can say in no uncertain terms that I never asked the Browns for a trade, that I never talked to them about wanting to be traded, (nor) did any of my representatives talk to the Browns about wanting to be traded,” Thomas said, via Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland. “From what I understand about how things went, the Browns were contacted by the Broncos and that’s where the trade came from.”
Thomas also refuted the report that guarantees included in his contract over the next two years ultimately prevented a deal getting done with the Broncos.
“The other thing I’m going to be very firm and make no qualms about is myself was never involved in any contract discussions with the Denver Broncos, my agent was never involved in any contract discussions, there was never any guaranteed money discussed,” Thomas said. “I was off the grid this weekend, so I was a little surprised to see (the report).”
- Packers signed DT Eric Crume to their practice squad.
- Packers released DT Justin Hamilton from their practice squad.
- Marcie Cipriani reports that Raiders OLB Ray-Ray Armstrong is under investigation for taunting a police dog at Heinz Field last Sunday.
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports mentions that Adrian Peterson needs to rush for at least 1,350 rushing yards this and help the Vikings make the playoffs in order to prevent his 2016 roster bonus from decreasing by $2 million.
- As of now, Peterson is on pace to rush for over 1,500 yards, and Minnesota is currently projected to make the playoffs as a Wildcard.