ESPN’s Adam Schefter offers five trades that should happen, but likely won’t be completed by Tuesday’s deadline. Be sure to check out Schefter’s article for a breakdown of each proposed trade.
Here are the proposed deals.
- Redskins trade QB Robert Griffin III to the Chiefs for QB Chase Daniel.
- Chargers trade S Eric Weddle to the Steelers for a fourth-round pick.
- Seahawks trade LT Russell Okung to the Patriots for a fourth-round pick.
- Bears trade WR Alshon Jeffery to the Falcons for a second-round pick.
- Lions trade WR Calvin Johnson to the Panthers for second- and fourth-round picks.
- Jason Cole has heard from sources that Bears DE Willie Young could be had in a trade, as he’s not getting much playing time right now.
- Jason Cole has heard from sources that Eagles DE Vinny Curry could be had in a trade, as he’s not getting much playing time right now.
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett announced Monday that “Matt Cassel is our quarterback, Darren McFadden is our running back.” (David Helman)
- Garrett did say that QB Tony Romo will throw and take part in some portions of practice on Wednesday. (Todd Archer)
- However, Cassel will take all of the snaps with the first-team offense this week before Dallas ramps up Romo’s work over next two weeks. (Todd Archer)
- Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt said that he expects rookie QB Marcus Mariota to return to practice on Wednesday. (Jim Wyatt)
- Whisenhunt said Mariota “brings a different element” to the quarterback position, and expects him to provide a spark to the team’s offense. (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans rookie RB David Cobb (calf) said he expects to be activated from short-term injured reserve-designated this week. (Terry McCormick)