Gary Davenport of B/R offers up some NFL trades that he believes would make sense this offseason.
Davenport’s list of trades includes:
- Giants trade CB Eli Apple to the Buccaneers for a 2018 fourth-round pick.
- Jets trade DL Muhammad Wilkerson to the Colts for a 2018 sixth-round pick.
- Bengals trade QB A.J. McCarron to the Jaguars for a 2018 second-round pick.
- Broncos trade WR Demaryius Thomas to the Redskins for a 2018 third-round compensatory pick. (Note: The Broncos are projected to receive a third-round comp pick for losing OT Russell Okung in free agency last year).
- Browns trade LT Joe Thomas to the Broncos for a 2018 third-round pick.
- Browns trade No. 4 overall pick to the Cardinals for the No. 15 overall pick and a 2019 first-round pick.
- Bills trade QB Tyrod Taylor to the Browns for 2018 fourth-round pick.
- Raiders trade WR Michael Crabtree to the Bears for a 2018 conditional fifth-round pick.
- Steelers franchise RB Le’Veon Bell and trade him to the 49ers for a 2018 second-round pick.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Bears have hired former Eagles LBs coach Bill Shuey as a defensive assistant.
“I’ve come up? Who knows, man? I’m not really experienced at this free agent thing,” Keenum responded. “I was before (last year) but the phone wasn’t ringing so if the phone rings a little bit more, it’d be nice.’’
Keenum credited former Broncos HC Gary Kubiak for giving him a shot with the Texans s an undrafted rookie out of Houston.
“He gave me a shot. No one in the NFL called after the draft besides the Texans. That was coach Kubiak,” Keenum said. “The amount of football I learned those first two years I can’t even put into words how much he’s meant to me in my career.’’
- Alex Marvez reports that George Edwards will return as the Vikings’ defensive coordinator for the 2018 season.