- Tennessee-Martin WR Caylon Weathers is trying out for the Bears. (Aaron Wilson)
- James Madison S Jordan Brown is trying out for the Ravens and Titans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Nebraska LB Marcus Newby is working out for the Falcons. (Aaron Wilson)
- South Florida OL Jeremi Hall is trying out at the Bears’ minicamp. (Aaron Wilson)
- Assumption WR Ashton Grant will try out for the Chiefs during their rookie minicamp. (Aaron Wilson)
- Winnipeg QB Austin Apodaca of the CFL will workout for the Bills next week. (Benjamin Albright)
49ers GM John Lynch said that they canceled first-round OT Mike McGlinchey‘s workout to “lay under the radar.”
“He wasn’t going to change much by bringing him in, so that was a guy we decided, ‘Hey, let’s lay under the radar,'” Lynch said, via Nick Wagoner of ESPN. “We did that for good reason. And then I would tell you, from the combine, you know, closer to the draft, our feelings for him only got stronger, so we’re glad that we chose to not bring him in. So we just didn’t want anything out there that he was the guy we were interested in.”
McGlinchey added that he had “no idea” that the 49ers intended on drafting him.
- According to Albert Breer, the one quarterback Broncos executive VP John Elway would have had a hard time passing on at No. 5 overall was USC’s Sam Darnold.
- Even so, Breer says that the Broncos were “over the moon” to land Bradley Chubb at No. 5.
- Matt Miller of B/R spoke with over 10 scouts, coaches and executives regarding the Raiders’ decision to draft Michigan DT Maurice Hurst, despite his heart condition.
- One source tells Miller that the pick was “irresponsible” by the Raiders because of Hurst’s heart condition and he hoped Hurst would “never put a f–king helmet on again in his life.”
- A head coach tells Miller: “Only the Raiders would draft a guy who could literally die on the field from a known condition.”