Home / Buccaneers / NFL Notes: Vernon Hargreaves, Cowboys, Packers, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Vernon Hargreaves, Cowboys, Packers, & Steelers
- Rand Getlin reports that Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves has visits and/or meetings lined up with eight teams including the Jaguars, Ravens, Cowboys and Buccaneers.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that even though the Packers committed a two-year, $6 million contract to RB James Starks in free agency, they can still get out the deal quite easily in year two.
- Should the Packers cut Starks next year, they would save $3 million in cap space while carrying just $750,000 of his prorated signing bonus on their 2017 salary cap.
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert mentioned that they could still sign another free agent — possible a nose tackle or defensive end — in the weeks leading up to this year’s draft. (Gerry Dulac)
- However, Colbert said there is no additional urgency to sign or draft a wide receiver following the one-year suspension handed down to WR Martavis Bryant last week. (Gerry Dulac)
Tags James Starks Martavis Bryant Robert Johnson Vernon Hargreaves