- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak he’s still optimistic that a deal will get done with franchise OLB Von Miller at some point. (James Palmer)
- According to Kubiak, the two sides are working hard to get something done and he talks to GM John Elway everyday about the situation. (James Palmer)
- Jos Buscaglia reports that the Bills are bringing Bowling Green QB Matt Johnson for a workout on Monday, and if all goes well, he’ll participate in minicamp next week.
- Vic Carucci suggests that TE Nick O’Leary could be on the roster bubble and names TE Blake Annen as a player that could push for his spot.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim mentioned during an appearance on the “Doug and Wolf” show Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 that he’s still keeping an eye out of potential additions to the team’s roster.
“I’m going to continue to stay active,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com. “If there is a player out there — and we have monitored a few different players this time of year — we’ll bring them in and we will be aggressive about it. Now, it takes two sides. It takes one side to give an opportunity and the other side has to be on board from a financial perspective. But I really do think we will be able to add a player or two that can help and contribute this year.”
- Saints HC Sean Payton said he has “too much respect” for veteran S Roman Harper to sign him and then cut him at the end of training camp. (Evan Woodbery)
- Payton mentioned that Harper will have a role in their defense this year. (Evan Woodbery)
- Ian Rapoport points out that Harper’s contract further indicates he’s likely to make the team, considering that he receives an $80,000 signing bonus and another $150,000 in guarantees.