Mike Klis of 9News offers some free agent who the Broncos could target in the coming weeks in his latest article.
- The overall expectation is that the Broncos will eventually get a deal done with QB Brock Osweiler, but Klis lists Brandon Weeden, T.J. Yates, Matt Hasselbeck and Case Keenum as guys to watch if things fall a part with Osweiler.
- Klis seems to think Denver could take a look at some notable running back such as Alfred Morris, Arian Foster and Matt Forte as replacements to Ronnie Hillman.
- Another interesting position for the Broncos will be offensive tackle. Klis tosses out Mitchell Schwartz, Kelvin Beachum, Joe Barksdale, and Russell Okung as some quality options worth considering, depending on their asking price.
- Mark Kaboly of the Tribune-Review doesn’t expect the Steelers to be very active in free agency in 2016.
- However, Kaboly believes they’ll have to consider spending some money on a tight end, even if they draft someone this year, considering that it could be too much to expect of a young player to be a day-one starter.
- With this in mind, Kaboly suggests such Jermaine Gresham as someone who could make sense for Pittsburgh.
- Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press mentions that Bengals S George Iloka is expected to be the Vikings’ top target in free agency.
- Other Bengals free agents who could be on the Vikings’ radar, according to Tomasson, include LB Vincent Rey, DE Wallace Gilberry and CB Leon Hall.
- As for the offensive line targets, Tomasson mentions Ravens OL Kelechi Osemele if the want to make a big move or Chargers OT Joe Barksdale, who would likely come at a more reasonable price.
- An option at receiver for Minnesota could be Dolphins’ Rishard Matthews.