Matt Miller of B/R runs through the latest buzz for all 32 teams a few days before the start of the 2017 draft. Here’s a look at some interesting notes from Miller’s article:
- Miller’s scouting source mentioned that the Vikings would like to come away with running back, wide receiver, safety and patch the obvious holes on the offensive line this year.
- According to Miller, every scout or GM he’s spoken to expects the Eagles to take a cornerback at No. 14 with OSU’s Gareon Conley being a name to watch.
- The expectation for the Seahawks, according to Miller, is that they will take a cornerback in round one with receiver and pass rusher being options in the middle rounds.
- Both Miller and a rival executive expect the Titans take CB Marshon Lattimore at No. 5 overall with wide receiver being a “very likely” option for them at No. 18, barring one of the top tight ends being available.
- Miller’s source says that the Redskins “love” Temple LB Haason Reddick and would even consider moving up for him.
- Matt Miller’s scouting source considers offensive tackle to be an “ideal option” for the Giants at No. 23 overall with Garett Bolles and Cam Robinson being two names to watch for New York.
- According to Miller, the Giants “would jump at the chance” to draft either tight end O.J. Howard or David Njoku should they be available to them.
- Matt Miller doesn’t expect the Jets to use their No. 6 overall pick on a quarterback and instead expects them to try to trade out of the top-10 picks and get some more selections to aid their rebuild.
- If the Jets are unable to do so, Miller believes LSU S Jamal Adams could be “too good of a fit to bypass.”
- According to Matt Miller, Miami TE David Njoku is in play for the Lions in the first round.
- A scout with Detroit tells Miller that this could be an “offensively heavy” draft class for them, as they attempt to bolster their depth at running back, wide receiver and tight end.
- Matt Miller reports that the Packers are planning to target a defensive player in round 1 unless a notable player drops to them.
- According to Miller, Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon is “very much in play” for Green Bay in the second round and is still on their draft board.