Home Bills NFL Rumors: Johnathan Hankins, Draft, Steelers, Vikings
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes free agent DT Johnathan Hankins‘ recent visit with the Colts could complicate a potential return to the Giants and have given him some leverage.
- The Giants still have a long-term offer on the table for Hankins, according to Raanan, However, Hankins is clearly looking for a better deal.
- Multiple league executives tell Raanan that they still expect Hankins to settle for a one-year contract like the ones Dontari Poe and Bennie Logan agreed to.
- The Dolphins have also shown interest in Hankins and Raanan doesn’t rule out other teams getting involved if Hankins is willing to accept a one-year “prove-it” contract.
- Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes, TE Tyler Scalzi, and FB Luke Stice all worked out for the Bills on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ole Miss WR Damore’ea Stringfellow is visiting the Raiders on Wednesday and is scheduled to meet with the Jets, Rams, Titans, Chargers, and Seahawks. (Ian Rapoport)
- Penn State WR Chris Godwin has had visits with the Saints, Steelers, Titans and Lions to go along with a private workout for the Panthers. (Sheil Kapadia)
- The Jets are hosting Penn State WR Chris Godwin for a visit on Wednesday. (Manish Mehta)
- Florida State DE DeMarcus Walker has visits scheduled with the Patriots, Redskins, Panthers, and Jaguars. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Raiders have scheduled a pre-draft visit with Washington CB Kevin King. (Adam Caplan)
- UCF CB Shaquill Griffin is visiting with the Raiders on Wednesday and the Colts on Thursday. (Mike Garafolo)
- The Steelers announced that they hosted Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick, West Virginia CB Rasul Douglas, Western Michigan LB Keion Adams, and Tennessee TE Jason Croom for pre-draft visits on Wednesday.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN writes that the recent contracts signed by Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore and Falcons CB Desmond Trufant suggest that Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes will end up with a similar payday when all is said and done.
- Gilmore got a five-year, $65 million deal while Trufant signed a five-year, $68.75 million deal that includes $42 million in guaranteed.
- Goessling expects the two parties to open extension talks this summer.