Here’s a running list of news and rumors pertaining to the Ravens coaching staff.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh mentioned that the coaching staff remains “in flux” and they could hire new a new RB, WR and TE coach in the coming days.
- Harbaugh mentioned that they are keeping Juan Castillo as their offensive line coach.
- Jason Cole tweets that the Ravens coaching staff will consist of: Rick Dennison QB coach, Jim Hostler WR, Juan Castillo OL, Brian Pariani TE, and either Chick Harris or Bobby Turner as their RB coach. (Update: 2:40 pm)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Kyle Shanahan will not be joining the Ravens coaching staff.
- Baltimore will also part ways with TEs coach Wade Harman.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that former Texans HC Gary Kubiak has emerged as favorite for Ravens offensive coordinator job.
- Schefter adds that both Kubiak and Rick Dennison met with Ravens officials Sunday in Baltimore.
- According to Schefter, the Ravens are trying to assemble a “star-studded” offensive staff including Rick Dennison and Kyle Shanahan.
- Aaron Wilson reports that sources believe a deal with Kubiak will ultimately get done.
- Wilson adds that WRs coach Jim Hostler could be someone to watch if Kubiak’s hired given that he too was a candidate for the job.
- Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun reports that Gary Kubiak is lining up his offensive staff.
- Preston mentions that this likely means any existing offensive coaches could be in trouble.
- According to Preston, these moves have the “finger prints of owner, Steve Bisciotti, and general manager Ozzie Newsome all over.“
- Preston adds that HC John Harbaugh was a “non-factor” with regards to these decisions.
- Aaron Wilson expects the Ravens offensive coaching staff to have a “heavy Texans flavor.“
Ian Rapoport reports that “the plan” for the Ravens is to have a decision regarding their offensive coordinator choice on Monday.
- The team is reportedly deciding between Kyle Shanahan and Jim Hostler.
Aaron Wilson reports that the Ravens will not hire Steelers RBs coach Kirby Wilson as offensive coordinator.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that “many people” believe the Ravens are looking at Kirby Wilson to coach running backs than as an offensive coordinator.
- La Canfora adds that Wilson “doesn’t have a future with the Steelers with that situation turning sour.“
- The Vikings and Redskins are also looking for a running backs coach.
Ravens WR coach Jim Hostler and Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan appear to be the favorites for the job.
Aaron Wilson reports that former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan is interviewing for the Ravens offensive coordinator job for a second time on Thursday.
- Wilson is also reporting that Steelers RB coach Kirby Wilson will get a second interview for the position on Friday.
Former Lions OC Scott Linehan remain an option as well.
Aaron Wilson reports that multiple NFL sources at the Senior Bowl believe WR coach Jim Hostler will ultimately land the Ravens offensive coordinator job.
Ravens HC John Harbaugh listed four candidates for the offensive coordinator vacancy on Tuesday, via BaltimoreRavens.com.
According to Harbaugh, the candidates who have already interviewed include:
- WR coach Jim Hostler
- Former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan
- Former Lions OC Scott Linehan
Harbaugh added that they have an interview scheduled later this week with Pittsburgh Steelers RB coach Kirby Wilson.
Aaron Wilson reports that former Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan interviewed for the Ravens offensive coordinator job on Monday.
According to the Baltimore Sun, the candidates for the Ravens’ vacant offensive coordinator position include:
- Former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan
- WRs coach Jim Hostler
- Browns HC Rob Chudzinski
- Former Texans HC Gary Kubiak
- Former Vikings HC Brad Childress
- Saints QBs coach Joe Lombardi
Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner was also believed to be an option, but reports have indicated that he is very close to joining Mike Zimmer’s staff in Minnesota as their next offensive coordinator.
Ian Rapoport reports that the Ravens interviewed former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan for their vacancy offensive coordinator position.
Other candidates include: WRs coach Jim Hostler, Browns OC Norv Turner, former Texans HC Gary Kubiak, and former Vikings HC Brad Childress.
John Harbaugh has made it clear that the Ravens will be interviewing “coaches inside and outside the building” to fill the Offensive Coordinator position.
“We’re confident that whether we select someone currently on our staff or from another team, we will have a coach that best fits what we want to be, where we want to go and understands what Ravens football is all about,” Harbaugh said, via BaltimoreRavens.com. “I have a profile in mind, and we are excited about those who have shown interest in the job.”
- One such internal candidate could be WRs coach Jim Hostler, whose name continues to surface, as first reported by Aaron Wilson.
- External candidates that could be considered include: Browns OC Norv Turner, former Texans HC Gary Kubiak, and former Vikings HC Brad Childress.
Jason La Canfora reports that the Ravens have not requested permission to interview Browns OC Norv Turner for their offensive coordinator vacancy.
- Aaron Wilson adds that although Baltimore has not reached out to Turner, it doesn’t mean they won’t at some point.
The Vikings have requested permission to interview Turner, so there is a chance they may not even get a chance to meet with him. It’s worth noting that the Browns could refuse to allow Turner to take a job within their division, but Cleveland has reportedly informed Turner that they will allow him to move laterally.
Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens are internally debating over their options at offensive coordinator now that Jim Caldwell has agreed to become the head coach of the Lions.
- Albert Breer reports that the Ravens have requested permission to speak with Packers QBs coach Ben McAdoo regarding their offensive coordinator position. (Update: 5:14pm)
- Jason La Confora considers the possibility of whether newly promoted Ravens Offensive Line Coach Juan Castillo could become the Offensive Coordinator. (Update: 1:46 pm)
- Promoting Juan Castillo to Offensive Coordinator could be an unpopular move amongst Ravens players, as Jason La Confora notes the issues he has had with players during his tenure. (Update: 1:46 pm)
- Aaron Wilson mentions former Houston Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak as another possibility for the Ravens vacant Offensive Coordinator position. (Update: 1:46 pm)
- Jason La Canfora adds that the Ravens could also consider Raiders coach Al Saunders and former Redskins HC Jim Zorn as options for their offensive coordinator position. (Update: 2:17 pm)
- Aaron Wilson specifically mentions that WRs coach Jim Hostler has a previous experience as an offensive coordinator with the Ravens.
- Among external candidates for their offensive coordinator job, Wilson lists: Browns OC Norv Turner, former Browns HC Rob Chudzinski, Packers QBs coach Ben McAdoo, and Eagles QBs coach Bill Lazor as potential targets.
- Aaron Wilson mentions that Ravens RBs coach Wilbert Montgomery, OL coach Andy Moeller and DBs coach Teryl Austin are all candidates to follow Caldwell to Detroit.
- Jason La Canfora also mentions that Norv Turner and Rob Chudzinski could be two names to watch.
We’ll have more updates as the news is available.