- Pro Football Talk reports that Shields receives $39 million over the course of four years.
- Shields receives a $12.5 million signing bonus, and will make $15 million in 2014, according to Mike Florio.
- Florio adds that Shields will make a total of $21 million by 2015 and $30 million through the 2016 season.
- Jason Fizgerald has the Shields’ cap figures at $5.625M (2014), $9.125M (2015) and $11.125M (2016).
Shields, 26, has developed into a pretty corner since the Packers signed him as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Miami.
Last year, he totaled 61 tackles, four interceptions and 17 pass defenses over the course of 16 games. We had him listed as the No. 22 player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
- Demovsky adds that a deal could be done by tonight.