- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that if the Colts end up firing HC Chuck Pagano, he would be a hot coaching candidate next year.
- According to Rapoport, the Miami Dolphins could be an option for Pagano if they’re looking for someone with experience.
- As of now, Pagano is still coaching for his job in Indianapolis, but signs continue to suggest he’ll be out after the season.
- Jason La Canfora reports that Bengals QB Andy Dalton could end up losing out on escalators included in his contract after he suffered a broken thumb last week.
- Dalton can earn a maximum of $15 million in escalators based on his playing time and the Bengals’ reaching the divisional round of the playoffs and beyond.
- According to La Canfora, Dalton was just a game away from cementing 80 percent of the team’s regular season snaps and possibly securing a bye in the playoffs, which would have added $1 million per year to his base salary in each year from 2016-20.
- Dalton would get another $500,000 per year by playing 80 percent of his team’s snaps in the conference championship.
- There’s also another $1.5 million per year available for his base salary if he won the Super Bowl and played 80 percent of the team’s snaps.
- Mike Reiss spoke with a personnel executive familiar with free agent RB Steven Jackson who believes he’d be a perfect fit for the the Patriots coming down the Reiss adds that there is varied opinion around the NFL about how much Jackson has left, but Jackson’s dependability and ball security come the playoffs could be appealing to the Patriots.
- If the Patriots do end up signing Jackson, Reiss believes it will most likely happen early this week.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!