Bills OC Brian Daboll said QB Josh Allen has played well throughout the offseason program and has been put in “a lot of different situations” in practice.
“He’s had a good offseason in Phase One and Phase Two,” said Daboll, via Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. “And these first couple days (of the current OTA session), we’ve put him in a lot of different situations. We’ve done Red Zone already, we’ve done two-minute, we’ve done third down, we’ve done first down, we’ve done start of the game. … He’s grown mentally, physically, off the field, on the field, as a leader. And again, it’s a short time, we’ve only had (two) OTAs.”
Daboll added that they are working to make sure Allen is efficient in multiple situations.
“I think that the more reps we get, the better off it is for him,” Daboll said. “And that’s just not out there on a seven-on-seven or a team (skeleton) or perimeter period. That’s routes on air that we’ve been doing since Phase One and Phase Two, and making him move off the spot and reset by location on underneath throws, where we’ve got a better opportunity to catch and run. And it’s not just catching the ball for the skill guys. It’s making sure the skill guys are in the right spot, doing the right thing when they’re supposed to do it, too. A yard off here or there can be a big difference in a throw.”
“I think everybody’s got to work to be a starter in this league, and on this team,” Flores said via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “There’s no doubt about that. I would say there’s no sacred cow, not in this game. You’ve got to earn what you get. That’s the case for everyone on the team. I’ve said that over and over again.”
- Even though he can’t fully practice because of a wrist injury, DE Charles Harris has been impressing Flores: “He’s smart, hard-working, has a lot of ability. We’re pleased where he’s at. He’s the kind of guy I want in the building.” (Barry Jackson)
- Undrafted rookie WR Preston Williams has been impressing people during OTA’s, including QB Josh Rosen: “Really talented. He’s got that big body NFL receivers are based off of, that sort of one on one position. Great hands. Really looking forward to developing with him.”
- Per Rich Cimini, the Jets are slowly working first-round DT Quinnen Williams back into action after he injured his calf during the first round of OTA’s.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Jets have scheduled interviews with Champ Kelly and Joe Douglas for their open general manager position next week.
- Peyton Manning says he was never contacted by anyone with the Jets about their open general manager position: “And I’m not sure I was qualified anyway.” (Mark Cannizzaro)