Bills RB Frank Gore rushed for 65 yards on Sunday, which was enough to move him into third place in NFL history in career rushing yards — ahead of former Lions Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders. Gore has never led the league in rushing in any one season, but he’s been the model of consistency and durability for most of his 15-year career despite having both knees rebuilt in college before being draft.
“On a day like today,” Gore said via NBC Sports’ Peter King, “I think about all the times I could have walked away. Like, at Miami, after I tore my second knee, I was going to quit. My running backs coach, Don Soldinger, told me, ‘Man, you’re crazy. My goal is to get you to the NFL.”
- Per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said it’s too soon to know if WRs Albert Wilson or Jakeem Grant will be able to return this year.
- Flores added the Dolphins would stay with RB Kalen Ballage as the starter. (Jackson)
- According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Jets third-round rookie OT Chuma Edoga is expected to miss some time with a Grade 2 MCL sprain.
- Jets OT Kelvin Beachum has a sprained ankle but should be able to practice this week. (Rich Cimini)
- Jets CB Darryl Roberts could return to practice this week, per HC Adam Gase. (Brian Costello)