- Bills GM Brandon Beane said of the possibility of trading up in this year’s draft: “I know that’s the speculation. … We really have a lot of discussions with a lot of teams about all sorts of things. … Right now, we’re just focused on 12. We’re excited. Excited to be at 12, and I think we’re going to get a really good player there.” (Mike Rodak)
- Beane said he wasn’t surprised by the Jets’ decision to trade up to No. 3 overall: “Nothing in this league really surprises me. It really doesn’t. … There’s so many moving parts in this league. That was a deal the Jets thought was good for them and the Colts did [too]. That’s what you want. … It sounds like both teams are happy.” (Mike Rodak)
- As for fans being disappointed about the Jets’ trade ahead of them, Beane said: “Anytime a team has to do — I can’t worry about what the Jets or any other team [does]. I’m just focused on the Bills. We’re very happy with 12. … Who knows what will happen. But right now, what we’re focused on is 12.” (Mike Rodak)
- Regarding WR Zay Jones‘ recent arrest, Beane said. “He’ll be back in Buffalo soon. It’s an unfortunate situation, is probably the best way to phrase it. It was a private conversation between me, Sean and Zay, and I’m just going to leave it there.” (Mike Rodak)
Salguero reported earlier in the day that the Dolphins are looking to upgrade at several positions including defensive tackle. (NFLTR)
- The Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have shown interest in Alabama LB Rashaan Evans and have scheduled a pre-draft visit with him.
- According to the Herald, Miami will look to add a No. 3 safety in the draft or sign a veteran at some point.
- Some other draft prospects the Dolphins have reportedly shown interest in include Miami DT Richard McIntosh Jr., TE Chris Herndon, RB Mark Walton, and DT Kendrick Norton to go along with FIU LB Treyon Williams and QB Alex McGough.
- The Dolphins had dinner with Oregon CB Arrion Springs.
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan said they offered DT Ndamukong Suh a one-year deal with a hard deadline and they made the decision to pull their offer after the deadline passed. Maccagnan added that HC Todd Bowles was in the loop regarding the process. (Manish Mehta)
- Maccagnan said of Suh: “Suh is a very good player still. Not from a statistical standpoint, but when you watch him on tape he still has the ability to be a dominant player. We felt pretty good about potentially adding him to the roster.” (Rich Cimini)
- When asked why they signed QB Teddy Bridgewater, Maccagnan explained that he was once a “very good, young quarterback” and they like his character and work ethic and believe he’s “a guy we’d like to take a bet on. If he can regain his past form, it’s an extra bonanza for us.” (Rich Cimini)
- Interestingly enough, Maccagnan confirmed that they talked to the Browns about the No. 1 pick, but added that they didn’t really talk to the Giants about No. 2 overall. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Regarding their No. 3 overall pick, Maccagnan said “it’s not as if we’re totally locked in there” before adding they “feel pretty good” about what will be available to them at No. 3. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Maccagnan confirmed that have a have a private workout with Josh Allen next week and have already worked out Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield.
- As for USC QB Sam Darnold, Maccagnan said he’s seen plenty of Darnold and likely won’t have a private workout for him. (Darryl Slater)