- According to Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post, Bills DT Ed Oliver was fined $10,527 for unnecessary roughness during last week’s game against the Bills.
- According to Kyle Newman of the Denver Post, the Broncos will start Isaac Yiadom at the No. 2 corner spot ahead of Davontae Harris this week.
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio says Broncos LB Von Miller is “50-50” to play this week against the Chargers. (Grant Gordon)
- Fangio adds OT Ja’Wuan James will either start or be inactive on Sunday, he won’t come off the bench. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos CB Duke Dawson cleared the concussion protocol and should play Sunday. New CB Shakial Taylor, claimed off waivers from the Colts, will be inactive this week. (Mike Klis)
- Broncos G Dalton Risner was fined $10,527 for unnecessary roughness during last week’s game against the Bills. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Broncos activated QB Drew Lock from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Broncos waived QB Brett Rypien.
The Chargers are expected to have S Derwin James on the field Sunday for the first time this season after the second-year safety was activated off injured reserve. James has been recovering from a broken foot that derailed his sophomore campaign so far, but the team is excited to see how he follows up on what was a terrific rookie season.
“He’s the best safety in the league. Like, not even close,” Chargers CB Casey Hayward said via the Athletic’s Daniel Popper. “Obviously, we’re not expecting him to go out here and play every snap at the high level he was because this is going to be his first game back, but we’re expecting him to do Derwin things. And any time you got the best safety in the league back, he’s making your team better; he’s making your defense better. You’re going to see the impact.”