- According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, Bills DE Trent Murphy is being discussed as a potential trade candidate around the NFL.
- Bills CB Micah Hyde is in the concussion protocol and spent Wednesday’s practice on the exercise bike. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Bills signed TE Charles Jones to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Bills designated CB Levi Wallace and LB Del’Shawn Phillips to return from injured reserve.
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye thinks the Eagles could send a conditional seventh to the Dolphins for RB Jordan Howard, who is on the block in Miami and would be familiar depth for Philadelphia.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald mentions former Cowboys DT Dontari Poe as a potential fit for the Dolphins, who are looking to add depth on their defensive line.
Jets DL Quinnen Williams has been a buzzy trade candidate this week in New York. It doesn’t help that New York has a history of breaking up with star players, especially recently. But the former No. 3 overall pick in 2019 says he’s tuning out all of that.
“Honestly, I just don’t read it, man,” he said via SiriusXM College Sports Radio. “Just don’t look at it, just don’t read it. You just don’t really listen to it, just don’t really pay it any attention, man. Cause like I said, I gotta go out there every single day. I can’t control being traded. I can’t control being not traded. So it’s like, I can’t control being cut, released or anything like that. I can control what I can control, and that’s going out there every Sunday, every day, during practice, putting my best foot forward, working hard and just trying to be the best player I know I can be and the best player that I am.”
- Although the Jets have said they don’t want to trade Williams, SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano writes he’s their most tradable asset and if another team offered a first-round pick, that would perk up GM Joe Douglas‘ ears.
- Vacchiano adds the Jets would probably seriously weigh offers for S Marcus Maye, as he’s someone they’ll have to decide whether to re-sign this offseason.
- Other expendable pieces available include CB Brian Poole, S Bradley McDougald, TE Chris Herndon, RB Frank Gore, QB Joe Flacco, WR Breshad Perriman and LB Jordan Jenkins.
- Vacchiano also mentions Jets LB Avery Williamson and OT George Fant as players who could draw some interest.
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye outlines a potential trade, with the Eagles sending WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside and a sixth to the Jets for Williamson and a seventh, giving both teams reinforcements at positions of weakness.
- Jets QB Sam Darnold was limited in practice but it’s just part of continued maintenance for his previous shoulder injury. (Brian Costello)
- Jets OC Dowell Loggains will be the primary play-caller again this week against the Chiefs. (Connor Hughes)
- McDougald is still having his shoulder injury evaluated and could miss more time. (Rich Cimini)
Patriots QB Cam Newton has been in an awful slump that coincides with his return from a COVID-19 diagnosis. Newton wasn’t able to practice during that time and already was working to catch up after not joining the team until late in the summer. Patriots QB Jedd Fisch said the lack of practice time absolutely plays a role in Newton’s poor play of late and also is the key to turning it around.
“Practice is what helps you there and when you don’t have as much practice time as he probably would have liked over the last three weeks, there’s some things that may or may not have slipped. . . . I don’t think there’s anything there that is a problem right now that is not fixable,” Fisch said via ESPN’s Mike Reiss.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick was shockingly not loquacious regarding trade rumors surrounding CB Stephon Gilmore: “Yeah, I don’t know anything about those.” (Pro Football Talk)
- NFL Media’ Ian Rapoport says he hasn’t heard anything recent brewing regarding Gilmore: “I know there was some discussion when Gilmore wanted a new contract … before the season. I just haven’t heard of anything recent, so it’s possible these rumors are kind of old.” (Zack Cox)