- Per Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post, Broncos HC Vic Fangio called both LB Mark Barron and second-round WR KJ Hamler “highly questionable” with hamstring injuries for Week 1.
- Adam Schefter says Denver still doesn’t know whether former first-round pick Bradley Chubb, who tore his ACL last year, will be ready to open the season Monday night against the Titans.
- Chargers’ GM Tom Telesco talked about possibly looking at free-agent safeties: “I don’t see us as thin … I think we have enough on defense to be fine.” (Gilbert Manzano)
- Chargers’ HC Anthony Lynn said that WR Mike Williams would be a “game-time” decision on Sunday and that C Mike Pouncey is also still recovering. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Lynn had this to say about the potential of rookie LB Kenneth Murray: “When the lights come on, Kenneth Murray is going to be ready to play football.” (Daniel Popper)
- As for QB Tyrod Taylor, Lynn had nothing but good things to say and feels confident in his leadership of the team: “I’m excited to see him play. He’s one of the leaders on our football team. Our guys really trust and believe in him, and I’m just excited for the young man because he’s very persistent. He’s very patient. And he’s waited for his turn.” (Popper)
- Lynn also mentioned that the team was comfortable going forward with LT Sam Tevi as their starter: “I thought Sam got better as camp went on and I loved the way he finished camp. Sam Tevi is our starter right now.” (Manzano)
- Despite not being listed that way on the initial depth chart, Chargers LB Drue Tranquill is expected to be a starter for Los Angeles in Week 1. (Manzano)
- The Chargers brought in DE Joe Gaziano for a visit on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!