“It’s going to be great man,” Bonitto said, via BroncosWire. “Those are two guys who have had a lot of success in the league. Learning from a guy like Randy who had a great year last year. A guy like Chubb [who was] very highly picked — [a] talented guy. He’s been in this league for a while too. Just getting to learn from those guys is going to be great for me.”
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler says Chargers fifth-round DT Otito Ogbonnia will have a chance to start or at least play a key rotational role right away as a rookie.
- Los Angeles hosted the 6-4, 324-pounder on a visit and believes the former UCLA starter can help their run defense.
- New Chargers LB Kyle Van Noy’s contract with Los Angeles includes a $750,000 signing bonus and a $1.5 million base salary. The base value of the deal and total cap hit sit at $2.25 million. (Field Yates)
Raiders owner Mark Davis spoke cautiously regarding statements made by Dan Ventrelle about his conduct, ultimately refusing to comment on the situation:
“I’ve heard about [Ventrelle’s statement], but I won’t comment on it,” Davis said, via Ed Graney of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “The only thing I want made clear is that Dan Ventrelle was never president of the Raiders. He has always been the interim president. . . . The interim was always a temporary designation to determine whether he would be the [full-time] president or not. . . . He is not the president of the Las Vegas Raiders. Never was.”
- According to Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Raiders will likely be active in pursuing recently released Giants CB James Bradberry.
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler notes that with RBs Josh Jacobs and Kenyan Drake in contract years, the Raiders see a potential long-term solution with fourth-round RB Zamir White.
- Fowler had a source describe the attributes that compelled Las Vegas to pick White: “Speed, power, leadership, battling through adversity, comes from a winning program.”