- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos asked permission from the Texans to interview Wes Welker for their WRs coach position, but their request was denied.
- The Broncos later opted to hire Zach Azzanni as their WRs coach.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that Jets GM Mike Maccagnan has one last chance to get it right in terms of the team’s quarterback position.
- However, Cimini believes the right move would be to pass on signing Kirk Cousins in free agency if the price gets out of hand.
- Ultimately, Cimini says the decision for Maccagnan comes down to how he feels about the quarterback prospects in this year’s draft class.
- As for the Jets’ offensive coordinator position, Cimini explains that there’s nothing fishy going on behind the scenes and the staff was off last year. They’re still expected to promote Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator and Cimini says he hasn’t gotten around to signing his contract yet.
- Cimini suggests Patriots CB Malcolm Butler, Eagles CB Patrick Robinson and Eagles TE Trey Burton as some free agents who could make sense for the Jets.
- We have all of them featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Mike Reiss gets the sense that the Patriots believe special teams coordinator Joe Judge has earned the right to see what he’s worth on the open market, which is why he’ll be a free agent in the coming days.
- Reiss could see Patriots HC Bill Belichick convincing OL coach Dante Scarnecchia to return for the next year or two to help him with the transition they’re about to undergo on the offensive side of the ball with Josh McDaniels taking the Colts’ job.