- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, CB Chris Harris‘ agent Fred Lyles has laid out what the veteran wants to Broncos GM John Elway and chief negotiator Mike Sullivan. The Broncos are expected to counter in the next week.
- Per Breer, the Broncos’ deal for DB Kareem Jackson, who will make $12 million this season to Harris’ $7.9 million, is a sticking point for Harris.
- As expected, CB Chris Harris was not in attendance for OTA’s on Monday. (James Palmer)
- Free agent acquisition OT Ja’Wuan James was also not in attendance as he took care of a business matter in Florida. The Broncos were aware James would not be available. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos OL Nico Falah was carted off the field with a left leg injury during OTA’s. Falah was in a lot of pain and did not put any pressure on the leg while heading back to the locker room. (James Palmer)
- Broncos QB Joe Flacco said it’s not necessarily his job to mentor second-round QB Drew Lock: “You gotta be careful how you answer this. I think that is, like I said, it’s kind of Rich’s (Scangarello) job. It’s to be in that quarterback room and watch. That’s how you can develop. Listen I have so many things to worry about.” (Mike Klis)
- 1070 The Fan’s Kevin Bowen says WR Daurice Fountain, CBs Nate Hairston and Jalen Collins and LB Zaire Franklin likely need strong offseasons to stay on the roster.
- Bowen adds LB Anthony Walker likely has a head start on the second starting linebacker position because of his smarts, but third-round LB Bobby Okereke could push Walker for playing time because of his athleticism.
- The Raiders hired former Patriots scout DuJuan Daniels to a senior executive position. (Adam Schefter)
- The Raiders also hired longtime Cowboys scout Walter Juliff after also hiring away Jim Abrams as their director of college scouting. (Todd Archer)