Browns HC Hue Jackson was asked about the possibility of signing WR Dez Bryant on Monday.
“I have not spoken to John about that,” Jackson said, via ClevelandBrowns.com. “We have not had a conversation about that at all.”
As for free agent WR Rishard Matthews, who is reportedly trying for the Browns this week, Jackson said “we will see.”
“We will see,” Jackson said, via ClevelandBrowns.com. “I have not seen (General Manager) John (Dorsey) since I was down there earlier. We will see how it unfolds. We have some good candidates here. I like our guys that are here. We will just see how it all unfolds as we go through the day.”
- Jackson mentioned that WR Rashard Higgins will not require surgery for his MCL sprain, but he’s considered week-to-week. (Mary Kay Cabot)
Ravens HC Jim Harbaugh told reporters on Monday that they want to “spread the load” in terms of carries for their running backs moving forward.
“We need to spread the load,” Harbaugh said, via ESPN.com. “You want fresh guys out there playing hard.
“A fresh running back is a good thing. I think running backs taking 40, 50 snaps is not necessarily a great thing. You talk about balance, put the ball in one guy’s hands for 35 plays. I don’t know if that’s balance.”
Texans QB Deshaun Watson took some pretty hard hits during Sunday night’s win over the Cowboys and was even evaluated for injury in the medical tent. However, Watson explained that he’s “built to take those hits” and is going to do whatever it takes to win.
“I just do what’s best for the team,” Watson said, via Pro Football Talk. “I know sometimes what’s best for the team is protecting myself. When we’re down there at the goal line and I’m trying to get in the end zone, that’s my mentality. Regardless of what I gotta do, if it’s three dudes like it was tonight multiple times, I’m gonna try to fight my ass off to get in the end zone. That’s my mentality and whatever it takes. I’m built to take those hits.”
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said that RB Lamar Miller will be back this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Texans tried out CBs De’Vante Harris and Robert Jackson. (Howard Balzer)
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said Monday of LT Taylor Lewan: “He’s still meeting with doctors and getting tests done on foot.” (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans promoted TE Anthony Firkser to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Titans waived RB Dalyn Dawkins.