- Chargers’ HC Anthony Lynn said that CB Desmond King will start as the slot cornerback with CB Chris Harris out due to injury. (Daniel Popper)
- Absent from Chargers’ practice on Wednesday includes WR Mike Williams (hamstring) and QB Tyrod Taylor (chest). (Popper)
- Also not practicing on Wednesday were T Bryan Bulaga (back) and G Trai Turner (groin). (Jeff Miller)
- Lynn mentioned that rookie QB Justin Herbert will practice as the starter, but has yet to name him as the starter for Week 4 against the Buccaneers. Taylor is still week-to-week, according to Lynn. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Chargers signed LB B.J. Bello to their practice squad.
- Sam McDowell reports that Chiefs’ rookie CB L’Jarius Sneed suffered a broken collarbone in Monday’s game against the Ravens.
- Chiefs’ DT Chris Jones will attempt to work through a minor groin injury at Wednesday’s practice. (James Palmer)
- Chiefs’ HC Andy Reid on facing off with Patriots’ QB Cam Newton in Week 4: “Cam can do anything. Cam’s been the passer, he’s been the runner, he’s been the whole deal. You have to prepare for everything.” (Karen Guregian)
- Chiefs signed WR Chad Williams to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Raiders’ rookie WR Bryan Edwards will be out for Week 4 against the Bills and will be listed as week-to-week going forward due to the possibility that he could miss additional time.
- Rapoport also reports that rookie WR Henry Ruggs III is not expected to play on Sunday due to a hamstring injury.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the NFL is investigating the possibility that COVID-19 protocols were not adhered to by members of the Las Vegas Raiders during a charity event. The team is also being reviewed for a possible locker room violation after they were already fined $250,000 for failing to follow sideline protocol.
- Raiders designated QB Marcus Mariota to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Raiders signed De’Mornay Pierson-El to their practice squad.
- Raiders released QB DeShone Kizer from the unit.