- Chargers HC Brandon Staley said second-round CB Asante Samuel Jr. is still in concussion protocol. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Staley added G Matt Feiler returned to practice on Wednesday. (Manzano)
When asked about returning to the NFL, former Chiefs S Eric Berry responded that his decision must “have purpose” and be at the right time. But he didn’t rule it out completely although he’s been out of football for three years.
“It’s about timing with me,” Berry said, via Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star. “It needs to have purpose. It needs to make sense to me on why I’m going somewhere or why I’m doing a certain thing. So once I feel that, then that’s when you’ll see me with a uniform on.”
- Chiefs WRs Tyreek Hill (quad) and Mecole Hardman (ankle) return to practice on Thursday. (Sam McDowell)
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur writes that if interim HC Rich Bisaccia gets the Raiders into the playoffs, it will be hard for owner Mark Davis not to give him the full-time job.
- The Raiders liked Washington WR Terry McLaurin coming out of the draft after coaching him at the Senior Bowl and Tafur notes had they not traded their third-round pick for Antonio Brown, there’s a good chance they’d have taken McLaurin.
- Tafur also mentions the Raiders will move first-round OL Alex Leatherwood back out to tackle at some point, potentially next season. He shifted inside to guard midseason due to injuries and poor performance.
- Raiders WR DeSean Jackson (calf) did not participate in Thursday’s individual drills after being limited on Wednesday. (Tashan Reed)
- Jackson’s calf injury is not believed to be serious at this time, although calf injuries can linger longer than expected. (Ian Rapoport)