- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said DE Melvin Ingram will be a game-time decision for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars. The Chargers will have to decide Saturday if Ingram and DL Justin Jones will be activated from injured reserve. (Gilbert Manzano)
- OUT for Week 7: G Trai Turner (groin)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 7: T Storm Norton (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 7: T Bryan Bulaga (back), WR K.J. Hill (hip), RB Justin Jackson (knee), QB Tyrod Taylor (ribs)
For a lot of backfields around the NFL, bringing in a player like RB Le’Veon Bell would be a red flag for the current incumbent starter. But in the case of Chiefs first-round RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, he appears secure in his status with the team. It doesn’t hurt that Edwards-Helaire ran for over 160 yards in Monday night’s win against the Bills and looks like a potential future star in his own right.
“He’s definitely comfortable in his own skin. He knows how we feel about him. The numbers, the way he’s played and different things speak for itself,” Chiefs RB coach Deland McCullough said via ESPN’s Adam Teicher. “…I think if he wasn’t playing well he may be more apprehensive or looking over (his shoulder). But the guy is playing well. He’s been playing well all season and he put an exclamation point on that last week.”
- OUT for Week 7: DE Taco Charlton (knee), DE Alex Okafor (hamstring), T Mitchell Schwartz (back), WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Raiders’ offensive linemen who were placed on the COVID-19 list Thursday have a chance to play on Sunday.
- However, Raiders S Johnathan Abram does not, as he’s listed as having contact with Trent Brown on Tuesday and wouldn’t be cleared in time.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said there’s a good chance LT Kolton Miller, LG Denzelle Good, C Rodney Hudson, and RG Gabe Jackson will be available this weekend: “I do believe there’s a good chance those men will be back soon.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- OUT for Week 7: WR Bryan Edwards (foot, ankle), CB Keisean Nixon (groin)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 7: DT Maliek Collins (shoulder), DE Carl Nassib (toe)