- Alex Marvez reports that Colts DC Matt Eberflus and DL coach Mike Phair remain “bullish” on their respective roles with the team, even though Josh McDaniels decided to not take the Colts’ job.
Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald runs down the Patriots’ roster and some of the decisions they’ll have to make this offseason in his latest article.
- Howe expects RB Dion Lewis to command something close to a three-year, $18 million deal with around $10 million guaranteed as a free agent. With this in mind, Howe doesn’t expect him to offer the Pats a hometown discount.
- Howe mentions that New England could keep RB Mike Gillislee until training camp before deciding whether they should move on or keep him.
- According to Howe, TE Rob Gronkowski is “legitimately considering retirement” and may want a salary increase to return.
- The Patriots could free up $11.2 million of cap room by cutting TEs Dwayne Allen and Martellus Bennett.
- After tearing his ACL last year, Howe says WR Julian Edelman should be ready for the start of training camp. The same goes for LB Dont’a Hightower and DE Derek Rivers.
- Howe could see the Patriots offering WR Brandin Cooks an extension, but no guarantees he takes it a year away from free agency.
- Howe says the Patriots will open contract talks with DE Trey Flowers at some point this offseason.
- Veteran DT Alan Branch will “almost certainly be released” before March 14 when he’s owed a $1 million bonus, according to Howe.
- Jamison Hensley writes that if the Ravens are in fact prepared to make a free agent splash this offseason, they should start by targeting Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham.
- Hensley mentions that Graham’s price tag should work in the Ravens’ budget, as he could be in line for a deal worth around $21 million over three years.
- We have Graham featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.