- According to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald, the Dolphins have not discussed a contract extension with RB Matt Breida, who is scheduled to make $3.3 million in the final year of his contract.
- Jackson adds that the pandemic has created an uncertain financial situation, forcing Miami to hold off on extension talks with any of their players scheduled for 2021 free agency including DT Davon Godchaux and LB Raekwon McMillan.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post writes that Jets QB Sam Darnold hasn’t earned a second contract from the team yet. Darnold is entering the third year of his rookie deal and will be eligible for an extension for the first time in 2021, which is also when New York will need to make a decision on his fifth-year option.
- While the Jets could sign another edge rusher, Costello thinks current free-agent options Jadeveon Clowney, Everson Griffen and Markus Golden will be too expensive.
- Costello mentions Jets S Jamal Adams might have some work to do to keep his status as a team leader after being so vocal this offseason about wanting out.
- Per Costello, Jets LB Jordan Jenkins should be highly motivated to prove himself after an expected strong free-agent market didn’t materialize this spring. Jenkins led the Jets with eight sacks but came back on a one-year deal worth just $3.25 million.
When Wyoming held its pro day in March, NFL teams arrived in to see LB Logan Wilson, but LB Cassh Mailua‘s workout included a 4.53-second 40-yard dash which forced teams to take a second look at him.
“I think that helped open some eyes,” Wyoming HC Craig Bohl told Jeff Howe of The Athletic. “When you compare that with the tape that you saw — so many people were looking at Logan Wilson — all of a sudden, you start looking at Cassh and you saw how he was moving around.”
Bohl and his staff knew the Patriots showed the most interest in Mailua when the team, including LB coach Jerod Mayo, spoke to him twice after his pro day.