- Jets GM Joe Douglas said of their No. 3 waiver priority: “We plan on using it. I’m fired up.” (Rich Cimini)
- Douglas mentioned trades and the waiver wire as areas they can bolster their roster with cornerback and edge rusher being areas of focus for them. (Connor Hughes)
- Rich Cimini of ESPN notes that the following players are on the Jets’ roster bubble heading into Saturday’s preseason game: QBs Davis Webb, Luke Falk; RBs Bilal Powell, Elijah McGuire; TEs Daniel Brown, Eric Tomlinson; WRs Charone Peake, Deontay Burnett, Greg Dortch; DL Nathan Shepherd, Folorunso Fatukasi; LB Albert McClellan, Stephone Anthony; DB Parry Nickerson, Doug Middleton, and K Taylor Bertolet. (Rich Cimini)
Patriots HC Bill Belichick praised backup QB Jarrett Stidham‘s pocket presence but cautioned that he still has “a lot of room” to improve.
“I think Jarrett’s pocket presence is good. I think there’s a lot of room for improvement,” Belichick said, via Pro Football Talk. “Certainly, when you’re comparing him to the other two quarterbacks on our roster, guys who have played a lot of football in this league, it’s quite a gap in experience. I’m sure those are things that Jarrett will get better at. [It is] probably about what you would think it would be given the difference in experience that you’re comparing him to — to players in our offense running the same plays that he does. So, it’s hard to compare one quarterback in one system to a quarterback in a completely different system, but in our case we have three quarterbacks all in the same system. It’s an obvious comparison. He’s getting better. I think he does a good job, but there’s room for improvement, certainly.”
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN reports that veteran LB Paul Worrilow requested to be released one-day after signing with the Ravens due to his wife, who is eight months pregnant and bedridden.
- Hensley adds that Worrilow will “reevaluate his future” following the birth of his child.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said QB Robert Griffin III is on schedule to be ready for Week 1 after sustaining a right thumb injury early on in this year’s training camp. (Jamison Hensley)