- Rich Cimini of ESPN points out that Jets QB Josh McCown will earn $125,000 for every game he starts this year on top of his $6 million fully-guaranteed base salary.
- Cimini points out that while this is one of the largest per-game play-time bonuses in the NFL, if not the largest, it could work against McCown later on in the year, especially if/when the Jets fall out of contention.
- Cimini predicts that the Jets will give all three of their quarterbacks — McCown, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg — will all get a chance to start at some point this year.
- Interestingly enough, Cimini predicts the Jets will trade away veteran RB Matt Forte before the midseason trade deadline.
- Another prediction from Cimini is that the Jets will have a new kicker by the end of October and suggests Mike Nugent as a replacement to Chandler Catanzaro.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots are paying DE Geneo Grissom $36,176 per week, which extrapolates to the same $615,000 salary he would make if he were on the team’s active roster.
- Some other practice squad salaries include RB D.J. Foster ($15,000), OL Willie Beavers ($15,000), DT Angelo Blackson ($15,000), WR DeMarcus Ayers ($10,000), WR Cody Hollister, OL James Ferentz, S David Jones ($7,200) and S Damarius Travis ($7,200).
- Patriots rookie DE Derek Rivers will earn $348,000 of his $465,000 base salary this year while on injured reserve, due to his split salary.
- Meanwhile, Patriots WR Malcolm Mitchell‘s 2017 salary drops from $540,000 to $363,000 after he was placed on injured reserve last week.
- Field Yates reports that by being on the Steelers’ Week 1 roster, OLB James Harrison earned a $500,000 roster bonus, which happens to be the largest such bonus in the NFL.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!