According to Tom Pelissero, the Colts are a team to watch as the trade market picks up in the coming weeks, seeing as they have depth at some positions including cornerback, receiver and offensive line.
Pelissero reports that the Colts are not shopping any players at the moment but could be active in the coming weeks if they get the right offers.
- The Athletic’s Stephen Holder says it’s worth watching in the coming weeks to see if the Colts feel confident enough in QB Andrew Luck‘s health to keep only two quarterbacks on the final roster.
- Behind backup QB Jacoby Brissett, the Colts have Chad Kelly and Phillip Walker.
- According to the Athletic’s Zak Keefer, Colts second-round WR Parris Campbell expected to return this week from a hamstring injury, but the hamstring didn’t cooperate and the timeline will be reassessed.
- Campbell was “close” but felt a little something Sunday and elected to take it slow. The Colts are hoping it’s not a big issue. (Joel Erickson)
On Saturday, Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said the team was preparing to start the season without starting left tackle Cam Robinson. Robinson was placed on the PUP to start camp as he continued to rehab from a torn ACL suffered last September and Marrone said the team was having trouble getting him “over the hump.” On Monday, however, the Jaguars activated Robinson and he started practicing.
“Hey, you take it,” Marrone said via NFL Media’s Kevin Patra. “It’s like when you’re walking on the street and you see $20. You pick it up, right? No one’s around, you pick it up, you put it in your pocket, you’re happy about it, you move on.”
Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette is hoping that cleaning up areas of his life off the field will help improve his performance on the field as he enters a surprisingly pivotal third season.
“I just tried to focus on my personal life,” Fournette said via SiriusXM NFL Radio. “Getting the bad people out of my life, focusing on myself so I won’t have to worry about no problems coming into the season or even coming into camp. I know football is going to take care of itself if I put mind into it and work hard every day. It’s really the personal things, just trying to be in a better place.”
- According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans RB Duke Johnson will remain sidelined with a hamstring injury and won’t play in Week 2 of the preseason against the Lions.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer sees the Texans using Johnson similar to how the Patriots used Kevin Faulk and Danny Woodhead.
- Texans third-round TE Kahale Warring is in the concussion protocol and has missed three practices and the preseason opener so far. (Aaron Wilson)