- Per 1070TheFan’s Kevin Bowen, Colts HC Frank Reich says the team hasn’t discussed placing RB Marlon Mack on injured reserve following his fractured hand.
- Colts WR T.Y. Hilton says he still needs to get final clearance from the doctors and Reich/GM Chris Ballard to play Thursday. (Joel Erickson)
- Colts CB Pierre Desir said he will be a game-time decision on Thursday, adding he hasn’t been 100 percent since about Week 3. (Jim Ayello)
Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette finished with only eight carries in Jacksonville’s 33-13 loss to the Colts on Sunday. It was the fewest carries Fournette has ever gotten in his NFL career, and Jaguars HC Doug Marrone took the blame for abandoning the running game too early when it still could have worked.
“That’s where I wish I would have been like, ‘Hey, let’s stick with the plan; it’s still two scores,'” Marrone said via NFL Media’s Nick Shook. “That was my mistake. That was a big mistake by me. … I thought we needed to score points in a quicker fashion. That’s what led to the increased pass attempts. That’s on me as a head coach. We need to be more balanced moving forward. Believe me, I know more than anyone that a strong rushing attack will open things up in the pass game. I know it works hand in hand. I know we’re frustrated. I know Leonard’s frustrated … the line. He wants to make plays and help us win the game. That was the mindset. I was wrong and I made a mistake.”
- The Jaguars worked out offensive tackles Tyler Jones, Marcus Applefield, and Ryan Pope on Tuesday and signed Pope to their practice squad. (Aaron Wilson)
- Nick Korte of Over The Cap writes that the Texans are now projected to receive a third-round compensatory pick for the loss of DB Kareem Jackson to the Broncos instead of a fourth-round pick.